Also on the PD agenda for next term is using PCSchool Spider to view class and student details, print of class lists, and mark the roll.
Meanwhile, here's some sites you may be interested in:
Book Wink - dedicated to inspiring children to read - uses video and podcasting
Whyville - social networking for primary age children in a safe environment.
Background for teachers
Terri Husted's Homepage - Maths for teachers
From Interface Magazine:
- Good idea #1 - Musical computers - Just like musical chairs except that you have to write and continue a story at each computer. Lesson Plan here.
- Good Idea #2 Colour coded grammar activity.
Virtual Body - good animated body part models. Smartboards?
Speaking of Smartboards, all smartboard computers will be upgraded to Notebook v10 in the next wee while. Notebook 10 has some new features which Aaron will be working with next term. New Features:
• improved user interface
• toolbar customization
• Welcome Center
Notebook Software File Creation and Delivery
• page grouping
• customizable themes
• Senteo™ software question insertion
• SMART Document Camera image insertion
• Magic Pen tool
• table integration
• active alignment
• object animation
• SMART recorder
• shape recognition tool
• color and gradient fill effects
• spell check
Other Tools and Features
• SMART Learning Marketplace access
• Online Essentials for Educators
• security features
Or with the smartboard look at these space interactives.
Phases of the moon:
Got some time during the holidays? Add effects to some of your digital photos here:
Who has a Facebook Page? From a survey of 31,000 Employers:
More than 1 in 5 employers said they found information on social networking sites about prospective employees
Top areas of concern:
- information about alcohol or drug use
- inappropriate photos of information
- poor communication skills
- bad mouthing former employers
Careful what you put on your facebook site!