After a bit of a rest, the ICT Blog is back! First up a recap of the goals for the year, then some websites you might find useful. Don’t forget to use Interface. It seems to be written for teachers by teachers and has a wealth of ICT related information and links.
I am very interested in personal learning networks and how technology can facilitate learning in this way. Spend 3 minutes watching this video and ask yourself if this isn’t a good way to learn? It throws the old homework question out the door!
Some of the sites mentioned in the video:
Sites of the Month:
Video Collection Site – organised into subject areas.
Smartboard videos on the Smart youtube channel:
Goals for the Year (and progress from last year!)
- Provided upgraded wireless access point management ( Thanks to the parents assn.)
- Placed more content on KnowledgeNet
- Rolled out student KnowledgeNet logins and training to Year 4 to Year 6
- Implemented Parents portal to KnowledgeNet. 166 caregivers now have logins.
- Implemented online roll marking
- PAT Data entered in PCschool system
- Migrated PCSchool to stand alone server
- PCschool database changed to faster .sql software
- Provided full broadband solution for 2010
- Upgraded server software for 2010 ..
- Mobile netbook trolley for 2010
- All computer switches 1GB
- Web and mail filtering in house
- All school computers to be standardised on Windows 7 for 2010
What’s happening this year …..
- More assessment data provided to PCSchool
- Basic facts
- ICAS Achievements
- Curric Levels/ national standards inf
- Use of KnowledgeNet for class planning/teaching/communication
- Development of Parent Portal
- Continued use of KnowledgeNet or Blog for communication and publication
- Wider use of internet as a learning tool – Faster internet connection
- Extended use of PCSchool Spider as an admin tool
- Integration of Smartboards as a classroom tool
- Use of video in classroom programs